Wideness and goblins

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'd like one of these. Or maybe not, 'cause I'd have to rebuild the room to make that thing fit ;)

Ah, and now my Harry Potter-report. It appears I have confused the name of the movie. It's not Harry Potter and the gobbled fire as I said yesterday. How silly of me. The movie is actually called Harry Potter and the firing of the goblins. And the symbolism is amazing in this movie, although it took me a while for me to figure it all out. First you have Harry, who symbolizes the goblin(s), since he's short. And then you have Walmart who symbolizes the person doing the firing, i.e your boss. And since Harry is a low-income employee at Walmart, his life is in constant danger of layoffs and cheap sales.

I liked this installment as well as the two others I've seen. I will see number two in a day or so and then I can check off another box in my "Things to do before taking over the world"-booklet.

And now I think I'm going to see an episode of Andromeda. It doesn't have the Whedonesque quality I'm always on the lookout for, but when this show is good, it shines!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I'd like one of those as well and I'd make it fit.

I wonder if you can separate the screens from one another like regular dual screen?

I suppose you can if it's not one complete unit.

Would be cool to frame off the two screens on either side for MIRC and a browser. Heck I'd even screen off the two closest to the center for harddrive browsing and movie watching and just use the center screen for gaming.

And when I'd want a greater effect in a game then I'd use three screens.

I don't think that 5 screens is very useful for most games out there.

Maybe mecha game..
Alias, big huge robot games.

Hmm... I want that monitor.

/Sami

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Richard said...

I don't think you can separate them. From the page it looks as if you select the number of screens you want when you order. So no reconfiguring or upgrading to more screens :)

But that things probably costs a boat load (need not be a very big -- lots of money fits in a boat) of money becaue according to the specs, those are some high-quality LCD-screens. But they sure are drool-friendly (I hope, depends on if they're water-proof, my current screen isn't, so it has started to flicker).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home