A message from the other side

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Here I am, on the other side. It's dark here. And hot. Very hot. And there's a guy with a pitchfork. Or there would be a guy with a pitchfork if I lived on a farm. If I did, I would probably get up in a few hours to milk the pigs and paint the cows.

But this isn't a farm, this is the other side! I am of course not dead and haunting my own blog (creepy AND geeky), I am talking about this new and better year. Last year was good, I give you that, but it's nothing compared to this year. This year still has that new-car smell.

But why is this year so much better? Well, this is the year aliens will visit earth, which means the market for earth souvenirs will bloom (which is good, since then I would finally get rid of all these boxes of nosespray I bought off ebay). A breakthrough in time travel will make it possible to go back in time and tell yourself not to get that haircut and give yourself the winning lotto lines (you get to split the wins with millions of others, yay!). Things will get even crazier when angry llamas strike back at northern France and parts of Denmark. And the best thing: Ben Reeper will finally have his story told.

You're thinking, "Who's Ben Reeper and if there's a story to tell, why haven't I already heard it?" I'll tell you why, because I haven't written it yet! If you have checked the info thingy here on Blogger.com about me (you are always welcome to join my fanclub) it says I'm interested in programming. A few years ago I decided to make a simple 3D-game where you run around and blow stuff up. It proved to be quite a lot more complicated than planned and after over a year of work, I realized I hadn't even gotten halfway through. I needed more people. And being the people person I am, I shelved the project.

The game did have a very basic storyline about a space hero, flying around the void looking for people to help, quite clichéd and perfect for a simple shooting game. The hero's name was Ben Reeper. The funny thing is, even though I haven't touched that project for over a year, the character Ben Reeper has been with me ever since. In retrospect, I think coming up with that character was the most fun I had with that project.

Anyway, since then the story has evolved and has become something I really feel like writing about. This is why this year, with it's new-car smell, I will try my best to give the story the time and energy it deserves. When men are out milking their pigs, I will sit here and write. I'm thinking of putting it up on a blog. I'll announce that here when the first chapter is done.

Now, covering my ass in sheer panic, I will excuse myself in advance. The story will be written in prose, in english. Since english is not my native language I will stand in a corner, screaming for help (silently, so that I don't give away my position) when the grammatical errors come looking for me, armed with pitchforks and torches. Seriously though, I will try my very best to keep it as grammatically correct as I possibly can, and I hope I succeed in that without sacrificing quality or a goat.

That is all for this time. Thank you for reading, I am grateful as always (join my fanclub!). Paint your cows and we'll see each other soon (that line doesn't really work in a blog, does it?).

Ben Reeper is watching...

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh.. i got a book for xmas, called "202 stupid ways to die", supposedly written by T.G Reaper.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Richard said...

Haha, nice book. Who gave it to you? Maybe someone is trying to give you a hint? Or a hug? I bet someone is trying to give you a hug, yes, that must be it.

That must be like a top 202? There gotta be an infinite number of ways to die, and infiniter ways to die in a stupid way, so I guess it's a top 202? =)

Have you tried anything from the book, and did it work (and if it did, does that mean YOU are haunting my blog? I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe blogs are the tools of the devil, so might you be the devils middle hand? (bad mental picture))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home