Ben Reeper: Chapter 1

Monday, January 16, 2006

I've finished writing chapter one of the epic Ben Reeper Saga. It will be epic and it will be saga... stic. Ben Reeper is a classical old school space hero. He works as a secret agent for the GalacticUnion. Ben Reeper and his friends are sent to where they are most needed. They're like the A-team if you take away everybody except Mr. T. Hmm... maybe that wasn't the best possible way to describe this story. Let me try that again...

It's an adventure tale in space. It's about self discovery, friendship, love, hate, trust, betrayal and most of all, it's about trying to be as entertaining as possible (notice the "trying") while being about all those things. I hope you read it and I hope you have opinions and I hope you bash-- ehrm.. tell me what you think.

I will hopefully write on this story for quite some time (I have a very long plot figured out and right now I feel all tingly... but that could be the electrodes I have attached to my nipples.)

I have put the Ben Reeper story over here. On that page, I also explain why I chose deviantart.com for this. I might move it later on, if the devious one will prove to be too difficult for me handle ;)

Live long and prosper... or as Ben Reeper would say: "Life rocks!"

Edit: I have indeed moved the Ben Reeper story from deviantart.com to blogger.com due to RichText formatting. You can find the story here.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coool. I shall read, once i get home. ;)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger mateya said...

Yes it's a nice beginning :)

GO go go go... we won't pay you but please continue! :D You ain't Steven (Haw-)King yet.

Wouldn't Duke Nukem be a better way to visually describe the character?

Btw, when am I supposed to really draw a good draft for him and the other characters? Let me know :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Ben Reeper is like sylvester stallone really pumped up.

And I'm not talking about pumped as in arnold pumped.. well that too but he's much larger and taller than ol' sly stallone.

Same kind of cut-out-of-a-block-of-wood face.

Probably with cheesy one liners like "You're spaced... Man!" for when he kills a spaceman.

"I will hopefully write on this story for quite some time (I have a very long plot figured out and right now I feel all tingly... but that could be the electrodes I have attached to my nipples.)"

Something like that could easily give the ol' "spit out coffee on monitor" effect but luckily we're too used to your perverted antics mifriend. :P

/me shoots richie with his "plama"-gun.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

/Sami

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Now, why would you spit out your coffee from my talking about nipple clamps? I mean, everybody uses them, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Now, my psychiatrist is waiting to give me a shot, so I have to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home