Fangs and blood

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I have never actually seen a vampire. Oh, I have seen Interview with a Vampire and BtVS but I've never actually seen a real, living (dead?) vampire. The reason for this is because there are no such thing as vampires -- or so I thought. Then something hit me... all of those stories can't be fiction, can they? I mean, the vampire myth goes way back (I don't think they called them vampires back then) so there must be some truth to it.

This of course led me to the movies. Whenever there are vampires in movies, there's usually a vampire hunter. From Dr. Abraham van Helsing to Blade and Buffy. How come there is always a vampire hunter around when vampires roam? "They're just movies", right? Possibly, but I think there is something more to it. I think if you want to see a vampire, you have to actually hunt it. Vampires don't like attention (with the exception of Lestat from the movie Queen of the Damned, but let's not talk about wanna-be-goth vampires) and a vampire hunter casts too much light on them (and in Blade's case, UV-light) which means they have to destroy him or her.

So my conclusion is this: if you want to see a vampire you're gonna have to become a vampire hunter (or slayer if you're a girl and have super powers) and except for putting out an ad in the paper, buying a cool trenchcoat (brown cloth or black leather, depending on the era you want to represent) and getting yourself a silver cross (it should be silver in case you run into a werewolf, then you can stab it to death, or so I've heard) you should also get yourself one of these: a Vampire-slaying kit.

So, time to go out and hunt, and if you still don't find any vampires, you can get your girlfriend or boyfriend to act the hunter and you'll pretend to be the vampire: The forbidden love.

"A vampire in love with a slayer. Poetic, in a maudlin sort of way."

3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger gaijin said...

Yoooo should write more often, hörure?!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Oh, I will, you can be damn sure I will! I've just been busy with other stuff (naked girls) but now I really want to get back to my blogging (no more naked girls). In fact, I just came up with my next blogging subject (naked girls?). It's time to get personal (with naked girls?)!

Dodge those bullets!

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the word "Vampir" or "Vampire" have been around longer than you think.

And the incarnations of a creature that can be defined as a Vampire has been around even longer.

There's unfortunately different definitions of the word Vampire as well which confuses the whole vampire genre and myth.

The "do's" and "don't" of how a Vampire "should" be are very blurry these days according to me.

Not only blurry but rediculous in some cases.

Just look at classic tales of vampirism gone wrong. Vampirella for example.

In any case the myths and legends of Vampire's will out-live us all.

There is much more yet to study.

"God kills indiscriminatly, and so shall we. For no creature under God is as we are. None so much like him, as ourselves."
- Lestat De Lioncourt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home